Tuesday, July 29, 2008

GIRL'S TRIP TO VEGAS

(After our MAC Makeover)

On Sunday, July 20, I took a late night flight with Kelly and my mom-n-law, Lynette to Vegas. We had a nice room at the Monte Carlo. This was considered our 1st annual girl's trip to Vegas and we have vowed to make it a tradition every year. The 1st day we ate breakfast/lunch at the Grand Lux in the Venetian it was really yummy, even if Lynette ordered oatmeal and coke. We spent a good part of Monday at the Mall on the strip. We all got a makeover at the MAC counter and I now am in love with thier product, especially the gel liner. So, $85.00 later we were off to Planet Hollywood for dinner. We had dinner at a favorite Italian Restaurant inside Planet Hollywood. Then we were off for a shopping spree and the new H & M. I bought Abbey a few outfits for fall. This is one of my favorite places to shop for kids clothes, very inexpensive, but also very cute stuff!! After shopping we hit a movie in the same complex. We went and saw "Mama Mia". It was a great movie, but I just don't think Pierce Bronson is the singing type.

(From the Parking Lot of Cesar's- Jeff & I saw this show in Oct 06)

We slept in on Tuesday and headed off to Cesar's for breakfast/lunch at Cheesecake Factory. After we were finished we stopped in at FAO Schwartz for a little shopping. Lynette bought the girls (Abbey & Sierra) some really cute stuff for thier birthdays and had it shipped home. Kelly also bought Abbey a really neat present for her birthday. I also picked up a couple things for her birthday party. After looking around Cesar's we headed off to the Outlets. I found several finds at the Outlets, new swim suit and Quicksilver shirts for Jeff and several other great finds.



After shopping we headed to In & Out for dinner. We ran into John Stockton and Kelly even talked to him while she was getting her drink!

(side shot of John Stockton)

After dinner we stopped by Cheesecake Factory and got some dessert take-out and headed back to our hotel. We were all tired so we rented a movie and painted our fingernails. We also headed downstairs for a late night Coke. The rest of our night I was sworn to secrecy---- As the saying goes, What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.



Guess Which hands and toes are mine?


On Wednesday, we slept in and the headed back to the Grand Lux for Breakfast. We then headed back to Fashion Place Mall on the strip for a few last minute items. I also got a new brush set for my new MAC make-up and I also picked up the cutest outfit for Abbey (for her 3 year old pics) at a Janie & Jack Store. Afther the mall we gased up, returned the car and headed back to the airport. Abbey was so glad when I got home she just kept hugging me and saying "Mommy, I need you" and when it all comes down to it I missed her ALOT! Thanks Lynette and Kelly for the awesome time and all the good laughs!!! I can't wait until we go next year!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hmmm?? I think your toenails are the blue ones. I am glad you guys had so much fun down there. There's nothing better than shopping and eating! Wait, yes there is ... shopping and eating w/o kids! Nice picture of John Stockton, I believe you now :)

Rodriguez Family said...

I'm to go with Shauna, blue toe nails and maroon fingers. I loved the picture of Johnny! I guess we now know where famous people prefer to eat!