Saturday, July 19, 2008

My birthday

My birthday (to those of you that forgot =) was this past Tuesday. My mom n law and sis n law took me to Gateway to eat lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. After we ate we walked around a bit and ended up at Z Gallerie (I love that store). After lunch we headed to Draper for a Paraffin Pedicure (which I highly recommend). We all picked out a pretty outrageous color (I got navy blue, Lynette picked bright yellow and Kelly picked bright green) for our upcoming Vegas trip (we leave on Sunday the 20th).

After our pedicures I picked up Abbey and we headed to Harmon's to pick up a birthday cake. I let her pick out a small cake and she ended up picking "Hello Kitty". The employee at the bakery thought it was Abbey's birthday, but I then informed her it was my birthday and she laughed and wrote "Happy Birthday Mommy & Abbey" on the cake. My parents and my brother met up with us at Los Hermanos in Lindon for dinner and after we headed to our house for cake and ice cream. I ended the day with several phone calls and some great birthday cards and gifts. Jeff even got me a card and roses this year!! Thanks everyone for a great day!






Before it got dark I also mowed the lawn in preparation for my Home Decor party that I had on Wednesday. The party turned out really good and I ended up buying some really neat decor for my dining room and kitchen. I just recently converted my living room (aka home teachers room) into a formal dining room. Jeff installed wood flooring in the dining room and hallway. We painted two walls chocolate brown, hung drapes. I also have been changing my kitchen around. I painted my red wall to match the chocolate brown in my dining room and we also put up rods and hung curtains. I took down and sold all my apple decor and I now a have a more contemporary look above my kitchen cabinets. In the fall we hope to put up a tile backsplash (to match the tile floors), install an island and also put in new countertops. We also want to replace out appliances and put in stainless steel. I will attach some pictures when it is all done. =)

1 comment:

Rodriguez Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (a little late)...but your house sounds amazing! How about coming to KC so you can do mine next?